Currently, Braille House is seeking volunteers to assist with:
“Thank you very much for allowing me to complete my Community Service with your organisation. You have all welcomed me warmly and I have appreciated the opportunity to work with such a dedicated team. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about Braille and how it is produced, stored, borrowed/returned and read. My experience at Braille House has given me the motivation to continue making a contribution to the community. I enjoyed working with you and found the experience very rewarding” Caitlin, Brisbane Girls Grammar School student
Since 1897, Queensland Braille Writing Association has provided its vital services through volunteers.
Volunteering is a great way to get involved at Braille House and support people who are blind or have low vision. Volunteering at Braille House offers you many benefits including:
- developing new skills and gaining experience;
- keeping up to date with your existing skills;
- developing skills and experience to be included in a job application;
- making new friends and working as a vital part of the Braille House team;
- feeling a sense of community commitment and personal satisfaction;
- helping Braille House make a difference to people who are blind or have low vision, their families and communities.
Braille House is always in need of new volunteers who can commit some time (on a regular basis or project basis) to help us with our many and varied activities. Don’t worry if you aren’t familiar with braille – training is provided for particular activities.
Generally, volunteers with previous experience, interest, knowledge or skills in the following fields would be especially welcome: Braille transcription, administration, IT, editing, teaching, library, grant writing, gardening and general handyman services.
You will be joining a dedicated and enthusiastic group of people who enjoy their work at Braille House and know that their efforts are appreciated by people who are blind or have low vision.
To become a Volunteer with Braille House call now on 07 3848 5257 or email us at email@example.com