Am I eligible under the NDIS?
If the NDIS is available in your area, you may be eligible for the NDIS if you
- are an Australian Citizen, or live in Australia as a permanent resident of Australia; and
- are under 65 years of age; and
- meet the disability requirements; and/or
- meet the early intervention requirements
For more information click here.
Prepare and Get Ready
Once you are confirmed eligible by the NDIA and before you meet your planner, think about what you want and need.
- What support do you need to do everyday activities?
- How would you like your life to be in a few years?
- How can the NDIS help you?
Discuss these questions with your family, friends or carer, as well as Braille House.
Think about what you are doing now and what you would like to try in the future. Think about your goals and needs in the context of the following aspects of your life:
- your daily routine
- your living arrangements
- your current relationships and supports from other people
Braille House can support you to plan for your future. The best time to talk to Braille House is at this preparation stage. Our people will work with you in establishing your short and long term goals and the supports you will need to achieve them in preparation for your NDIS planning meeting. This pre-planning will give you the confidence and understanding to work with the NDIA in establishing your support to achieve your goals.
Keep in mind, you can nominate Braille House as your service provider for all your Braille needs.
Contact Braille House on (o7) 3848 5257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will contact you as soon as they can.
More Information to Get You Started